Monday, January 30, 2012

Happy Monday.

Oof. Exams. Not fun. My head is still reeling, and every time I think about my Calc exam tomorrow I literally hyperventilate. And I don't mean when people just say "oh my gosh I'm like hyperventilating." No, I quite literally breathe erratically when my thoughts go to math.
Not to sound like a "Benedict Arnold," but AP US History kind of makes me hate America. Ok, wait, not like that. Will I get put on some watch list for typing that? Let me elucidate my point. There are occasions, such as today's exam, for example, when I irrationally wish that I lived in a country with much simpler a history. Like Australia. Or Luxemberg. Switzerland. You get the idea. What must their AP classes be like?

Now onto something awesome.
I saw the small teaser for this commercial (I know, a commercial for a commercial, what?) on the news the other today, and the actual thing has just been released. CHECK THIS OUT.

I adore Ferris Bueller. Probably one of my favorite movies... ever. AND I adore Matthew Broderick. So boyish and quirky! This guy's done The Lion King, The Producers, How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying... and this, of course. You don't get much better than that. And as for all the people who are angry about this being an ad for a car company and not a sequel... relax. First of all, any attempt at a John Hughes Sequel without John Hughes is a dangerous endeavor indeed. Second of all, it's just a fun ad. Honda didn't do anything wrong by making it. Wouldn't you rather see this than yet another sweeping landscape shot of a heavy-duty SUV barreling through the frozen tundra?

And finally...
WRITING!!!
Woo! So I am being quite indecisive, and, after deciding the direction of my blog only last night, I have now changed it again. I hereby declare Peculiarosity as (primarily) a WRITING BLOG! Huzzah!
So, in order to uphold this newly christened Blog theme, I shall post another piece of writing. For my first piece published on this site, please go to the Writing page and click Scramble.
This next piece, which I will post in a seperate blog post because this one is getting far too cluttered, will be a children's tale that I improvised to calm my screaming three year old cousin at 11 o'clock at night.

Now, because I have been advised by every blogging website to do so, here is a picture to keep this post fun and eye-catching!

Rest assured, this bears no relevance to my blog post. At all. This is not supposed to be some kind of fancy, witty, symbolic thing. It's just a kid and his turtle. Enjoy.

Love,
Susan D. Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment